Attendance Check-in is a system built into to the iLancaster app to register attendance for undergraduate and postgraduate taught students.
Students should use the related links to find guidance on how to use the Attendance Check-in system.
For troubleshooting, see the instructions below the video.
- Make sure that you're running the latest version of iLancaster. If you are, and you still can't see the tile…
- Make sure that you're using the Student profile. If you are, and you still can't see the tile…
- Log out of iLancaster then back in again to make sure that updates to the app have been applied.
If you can't get attendance check-in to work on your device:
- Ensure you have the latest version of iLancaster from the App Store or Google Play.
- Ensure you have the latest device OS (Operating System).
- Make sure you have Bluetooth turned on and location services enabled.
- Go into your Course Timetable in iLancaster then pull down to refresh.
- Fully close iLancaster then re-open it:
- On iOS: double tap the home button then swipe up.
- On Android, devices may vary.
If you have a technical problem with Attendance Check-in, see information on how to solve the problem via our Attendance Helper.
If check-in isn't working on your device, teaching staff will have an alternative way to register your attendance.
If you can't or don't check in, teaching staff will have an alternative way to register your attendance. However, it will be quicker and easier for you to do this for yourself via iLancaster if you are able - you can check in using the iLancaster app on iOS and Android phones, and via iLancaster on the web on a laptop, tablet, iPad or Windows phone.
Don't leave a session without having had your attendance registered.
Don't worry, you will still be able to check in until 5 minutes before the session is scheduled to end.
You can self certify via the Attendance Hub in iLancaster. Alternatively, you can notify your department of your absence by self-certifying via the Student Portal as usual.
You can self certify before, during or after you are absent but, where possible, you should provide notification of your absence/illness prior to the session. Your department may require medical evidence in some cases.
If duplicate sessions are scheduled, you'll have to ask teaching staff if you're permitted to attend a different session to the one you were timetabled for. Note that if you attend a duplicate session (i.e. not the one you are timetabled to attend) you won't be able to use iLancaster Attendance Check-in to register your attendance.
Watch the video below for more information.