LU Print is the Lancaster University print service that allows you to choose how to print. The service enables you to send your work to the printer from a wide range of devices, and visit any printer on campus to print out your documents using your University card. You can also scan to print (photocopy) or scan to email from any printer.
To access LU Print, go to print.lancaster.ac.uk.
Frequently asked questions
£p per side
A4 Mono £0.05 A4 Colour £0.13 A3 Mono £0.13 A3 Colour £0.19
Double sided (Duplex)
£p per side
A4 Mono £0.04 A4 Colour £0.11 A3 Mono £0.11 A3 Colour £0.16
You can top up online by going to print.lancaster.ac.uk and selecting Add Credit on the left menu.
Alternatively you can top up using cash in the library.
Large-format printing is available from the University print service in County Main.
You can remotely release your print jobs before going to the printer to save time queuing at the printer (useful for larger documents).
- Go to LU Print at: https://print.lancaster.ac.uk.
- Choose Jobs Pending Release option from left hand menu.
- You will see a list of print jobs ready to be released. You can can choose an individual print job to release or print them all.
- To print an individual print job: Click on Print in the Action Column.
- To print all of your print jobs currently held in the queues: Click on the Release All button.
- You will see a list of printers listed by location around campus. Choose the printer closest to your location.
- Click on the printer name to release your print job to this printer.
- You should see a message saying your print jobs have been released.
- Remember to go and pick up your print job as it will now be sitting on the printer!
Your document should show on the Web Print Screen as being Held in a queue. Your document will remain in the queue until you print it out. See: Log in, print and delete documents at a printer. If you want to submit another job, from the Web Print screen click on Submit a Job and repeat the above instructions.
Your document should show on the Web Print Screen as being Held in a queue. Your document will remain in the queue until you print it out. See: Log in, print and delete documents at a printer.
If you want to submit another job, from the Web Print screen click on Submit a Job and repeat the above instructions.
If your department has provided you with a print voucher, to add credit to your printing account, you can redeem the voucher online.
In order to do this:
- Login at https://print.lancaster.ac.uk/ using normal University credentials.
- Click on Redeem Card.
- Type in the unique number next to where it says Card Number.
Be careful to type in the number exactly as it appears on the voucher including any hyphens ( - ) that appear.
- Click Redeem Card.
- The credit will then apply to the account.
Supplied card number invalid
Take care on entering the code, ensure you are entering in every symbol present, including any hyphens ( - ). If the code still says it is invalid, check back with the person who provided you with the code to ensure it is correct. They can also issue you with a different working code if needed.
Voucher already used
Check that you haven't accidentally entered the code in twice — check your account balance to see if the credit has applied successfully. If it has not check back with the person who provided you with the voucher to obtain an unused valid code.
Voucher has expired
The vouchers have a set expiration date on them; if you are seeing this error message the code is no longer valid and cannot be used.
The page doesn't appear to register, hangs or otherwise fails
This is most likely an issue with the internet browser. Try using a different, up to date, browser as a test. Often addons and extensions, such as AdBlock, can cause issues with websites so ensure you aren't using these. If this still doesn't work, please use a University supported machine such as a lab or library PC.
Any other issues
Please report a problem with LU Print with full details or your issue and we will look into this further for you.
- Go to: https://print.lancaster.ac.uk/mr.
- To access the site, enter your University username and password.
- Choose the printer you want to use to release and collect your document from.
You can access networked printers (including copying and scanning) in the following locations:
Barker House Farm
A57/A58 PC Lab
Bowland Main Foyer
A64 PC Lab
A08 PC Lab
A109 Common Room
A524 (Environmental Science)
A, B & C floor
A1 PC Lab
A13 PC Lab
Do not top up more than you need — print top-ups are non-refundable.
If a problem occurs whilst you are printing your documents you can make a claim to have the value of your printing refunded back to your print account. You may request a full or partial credit for print output that is either missing or of a poor standard.
- Log onto https://print.lancaster.ac.uk/.
- Click Recent Print Jobs.
- Click request refund next to the print job you wish to make a request for.
- On the Refund Request page, check the details of the print job are correct. Then select whether you wish to apply for a full or partial refund (entering the amount in the latter case), and provide a reason for requesting a refund.
- Click Send.
- A refund credited back to your print account will be awarded at the sole discretion of the Print Service Manager who will verify the type and number of pages printed against your account. In some cases you may also be asked to provide evidence at the ISS Service Desk.
- Any print refund awarded will be credited to your print account — no cash refunds can be given.
- No compensation will be awarded for errors made when using the printer (for example, if you select the incorrect print options).
The print management system can detect when there have been quality issues and will adjust accounts automatically, so you should wait 30 minutes to check that you have actually been charged for the faulty printing before making your request.