WebLogin confirms who you are (i.e. authenticates you) so that the University can give you access to a range of web services and applications.
Where possible WebLogin authenticates you automatically so that, having logged in to a Windows PC on the Lancaster domain, you will not be prompted to sign in again on most web applications.
Some services may require you to use a one-time password (OTP) in addition to your username and password during the log in process. For more information about this, please see Multi-factor authentication (MFA) help.
When you access a University web service or application which requires you to login via WebLogin, you may be presented with login screens. Whether you see these or not depends on whether automatic login is available on the device you are using.
If automatic login is not available on your device, after you first sign in to a web service or application you can access most others without receiving further prompts for your password.
To log in:
- In the Username box, type your University username (this is in the format of bloggsj, not your email address) and click Next.
- In the Password box, type your University password (if you see a One Time Password box instead, see Multi-factor authentication (MFA) help for guidance).
- Click Login.
If you get authenticated successfully, you will be passed through to the web service or application that you wanted to access. Your password will always be sent securely.
Automatic login is not enabled for certain applications (e.g. LUSI Online) – you will always be prompted for your username and password when accessing these services.
It is also possible to login to WebLogin without trying to access a University service or application, at: https://weblogin.lancs.ac.uk/login/
Automatic login is now enabled by default on most Lancaster University WebLogin applications. This means that if you are already logged in to a Windows PC on the lancaster domain, you will automatically be able to access Lancaster web applications without logging in again.
If you want to disable this feature so that you still must log in separately to web applications, follow the instructions below.
- Navigate to https://weblogin.lancs.ac.uk/preferences/
- Untick the Log me in automatically box.
- Click Save.
To log out of a web service or application which uses WebLogin, you can:
- Click the logout button in the service or application that you are using. This should take you to the WebLogin Log Out screen.
Click Log Out. The Logged Out screen appears, confirming that you are logged out.Logging out in this way will also log you out of any other WebLogin authenticated services or applications that you had open in your browser.
If the WebLogin authenticated web service or application you are using does not have a logout button (or if there is a logout button but it doesn't work), the alternative ways to log out are:
Close down your web browser
- Click the Close button at the top right of your browser.
Go direct to the WebLogin logout screen
- Navigate to: https://weblogin.lancs.ac.uk/logout/
- Click Log Out – the Logged Out screen appears, confirming that you are logged out.