If you have recently got a job, before you do any work, we need to see proof of your right to work in the EU.

TIP: Your passport is the best document but European ID cards are also valid proof of right to work. Non-EU residents must also provide their Visa/Work Permit with their passport. We can only accept the original documents.

You must not work until you have presented your original document to ERS or HR.

Failure to provide proof of right to work in the EU will result in no payment.

Please bring your passport to the Employment and Recruitment Service Desk, located in The Base.

Right to Work Documents

If you are unsure what documents you will need to show for Right to Work please visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/right-to-work-checklist

For international students please visit: https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information--Advice/Working/Can-you-work

Frequently Asked Questions
Contact Us

We are open for emails and phone calls weekdays 9am until 5pm. We also have a drop-in desk that is open 10am till 4:30pm weekdays in the Base.

Email us at: recruit@lancaster.ac.uk.

Telephone: 01524 510853